Kids Have All the Write Stuff
Revised and Updated for a Digital Age
Published by: University of Massachusetts Press
You can open up a world of imagination and learning for children when you encourage the expression of ideas through writing.
Kids Have All the Write Stuff: Revised and Updated for a Digital Age shows you how to support children's development as confident writers and communicators, offering hundreds of creative ways to integrate writing into the lives of toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary school students—whether at home or at school.
- how to implement writing as a part of daily life with family and friends; ·
- processes and invitations fit for young writers;
- strategies for connecting writing to math and coding;
- writing materials and technologies; and
- creative and practical writing ideas, from fiction, nonfiction, and videos to blogs and emails.
"This book is a MUST for both teachers and parents or caregivers. The authors share a unique way of exploring writing that not only leans into technology but also excites and interests all students regardless of their prior experiences or skill level."—Leah Mermelstein, author of Self-Directed Writers: The Third Essential Element in the Writing Workshop
"Well written and accessible to teachers and non-educators alike, this book offers a clear road map to helping children discover a love of writing."— School Library Journal